Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I dropped my Challenges in Ibadan - Mc HondaStevo

"To whom WASH is given, BLUSH is expected but I no go BLUSH cos I know say na WASH", is the popular slang of one of our own Nigerian MC and a rising comedian, Akinfolurin Oluwatayo Stephen popularly known as HONDASTEVO. HONDASTEVO, born in the mid 1980's and 1990's as the 7th but last child to the family of Late Pastor Solomon Adetayo Akinfolurin of blessed memory. Stephen is a devoted Christian who speaks English, Yoruba & Pidgin fluently. He is a  tested and trusted master of ceremony per excellence, a comedian, compere, event planner, OAP, TV host,Kiddies entertainer and lots more. MC HONDASTEVO,  hails from Ode Erinje in Okitipupa LGA of Ondo state. This comic dude started basically in 2007 as Mr Clown for kiddies events where he brings life and laughter  to kiddies birthday parties, school parties, carols and more.
Formally and officially in 2012, he had his first stage appearance as a stand up comedian in Akure while his business grew better till date. This young man has been sighted in major events in Ondo state ranging from kiddies parties, kiddies/adult birthday parties, club shows, weddings, musical concerts, comedy shows and lots more. He is a creative & competent comedian that even the dogs in Ondo state knows him well. Stevo, in an interview with Comedy+ Magazine revealed how long he's been on stage, how he came about, his stage name "Hondastevo" and more.


How long have you been in the comedy and MC business?
Unofficially 8yrs and officially 3yrs

How do you combine the two, comedy and MC?
Just like an actor who acts tragedy and comedy movie effectively, same goes for me. I'm formal when I'm the MC of an event but crazy while cracking jokes on stage. It's just being serious or formal now then activating the naughty part of me later

How did you come about your stage name, Hondastevo?
Stevo was cropped from my other name (Steve) while Honda happened to be my favorite car back then when I started o. In short, I was formerly HONDASTEVO meaning STEVO that likes HONDA car & now I'm HONDASTEVO meaning STEVO that drives/uses HONDA car

You live in Akure, and work in Lagos, is it not stressful, and does it mean there are no big pay opportunities in akure?
That's not stress since money is involved. I've never seen that as stress but if you call it stress, then I want to be stressed. Just as Davido sang,  "owo ni koko". There are but Lagos is a commercial city. My tentacle must expand, Nobody prays to die as a local champion.


Your profile says you started as Mr Clown for kiddes' birthday parties, do you still do that?
Sigh(HmMm) kiddies birthday parties most times are on Saturdays while weddings too are on Saturdays. Since 2012 now, I prefer anchoring a wedding on saturday to kiddies party but the amazing part of it is, I still do the two. How??? I have close to 35boys who works as Mr Clown, some wear my cartoon costumes e.g Ben10, Barney, Spider-Man, avatar e.t.c some at my pop corn stand in parties, candy floss, castles and all. So, I send my men to the kiddies event & I handle the weddings. But there's one kiddies event I anchor every December since 2012 till date and that's the state kiddies party we call it Ondo state children's party hosted by her excellency Mrs Olukemi Mimiko (wife of Ondo state governor) with minimum of 3000 kids in attendance

You are an MC and a Comedian, which among this two brings more pay?
The crazy part brings in more money and that's COMEDY. And it's when the craze is intertwined/incorporated into being an MC that the pay becomes WOW

Steve, as a rising comedian, what has been  your major challengies?
I've dropped off all my challenges  at challenge bus stop in ibadan. No regrets, no challenge because God has been helping the small me.

Comedy+ Magazine... another name for entertainment 
Info: 08027354505, 09092401632
Mail: comedyplusmag@yahoo.com
BBM: 2BA4031D
BBM Channel: C0048B037
Twit: @comedyplusmag

1 comment: