Monday, August 10, 2015

Celebrating Chigul

If you an entertainment lover, the name Chigul will not be strange to you. Chioms Omeruah popularly know as Chigul is one of Nigeria's best female comedian whose unique style of comedy is currently making waves. She is not into Comedy alone, she is also a singer but more passionate about her major career(Comedy).
She is the second of four children, she was born in Lagos,where she lived for 18years of her life, attended the Airforce Girls Miilitary School in Jos, then Airforce Secondary School in Lagos before she left for the U.S in 1994. She studied French Education at Delaware State University in Dover, Delaware. She also taught French in high school in the state for about four years and then came back to Nigeria in 2006 due to her late father’s demand.
Chiguel speaks  about five languages which include French and Spanish and she loves to make people laugh. She became a personality to be reckoned with locally and internationally when she started with a voicenote that went viral on BlackBerry. In her Chigul accent, she recorded the song titled ”Kilode”  and sent it off to friends. The song ”Kilode” brought a bigger hit song  titled, Don’t Be a Waist and performance on stage with top comedians such as Julius Agwu, Basketmouth and others. Later, she started hosting live and TV shows
In an interview section with Premium Times,  she revealed; “I didn’t decide comedy, comedy decided me, I have twelve accents. I have always done the accents, since I was a child. I’ve been very good at mimicking people, friends of my parents that come to the house that talk in funny ways; shows that I see on TV. I’m also interested in languages; I speak about five. Everywhere I go I try to immerse myself linguistically into the place, learn the accent, learn everything about the people. Sometime, there is an accent, sometimes there is none. When there is, I just think: Hey! I can do this accent very well, why not?”
She has also been featured  by some Nigerian top artist and Comedy+ wish her more successes in her endeavour.

Chidinma Iro

Comedy+ Magazine... another name for entertainment
Info: 08027354505, 09092401632
Mail: comedyplusmag@yahoo.com
BBM: 2BA4031D
BBM Channel: C0048B037
Twit: @comedyplusmag

No comments:

Post a Comment