Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Rising Star: ZIZU

Olamide Aremu Azeez popularly known with stage name Zizu, is one among Naija upcoming artist whose hard work speaks for. Olamide discovered his talent in music when he was in college and released his first official single titled “Baby" on 15th of January 2013; a song which he later shot a video for on 23rd of October 2014. Within that same year, he delivered a club banger titled "Emergency" which was produced by Tony Y.  After a month Emergency became the number 1 trending topic in Nigeria.
Zizu spreads his tentacles and performed at the Nigeria Broadcasters Award which was held at the Oriental hotel Lekki. He has also been on different platform such as; Bash goes to school, Coke Studio Africa, Lagos Gubernatorial debate and more where he performed alongside with some top Naija artist.
Recently, he spoke to Comedy+ Magazine on his journey so far, his songs, style of music and others.

What has been your journey so far as an up coming music artist?
Well it's not been easy though but, I'm positive and always keep my head down

Your song "baby" was was released in 2013 and the video was shot in 2014, how can you rate it in the market?
The video was shot by FishFilmz in Lagos and it has about two thousand viewers on Youtube. It was my first official video and I acted well but after it was commented on, and all of that, I knew I had to improve in some areas which I did. It is imperative I don't intend to repeat same mistakes in my next video which is set to be unleashed later this year. All the same,  it was a job well done from an upcoming artist  like me.

How can you describe your style of music?
I'm a storyteller, my style is Hip Pop and RnB and my music cuts across many genres. Every song is a story or a poem told through music. 

The music industry is saturated; do you see your self becoming successful there?
I’m 100% sure of my success. I believe in my shine and I believe God will do it very soon. I'm always positive and I'm putting God first

How do you intend to cope with the competition?
Sure, I'll cope. I'm a human being like others and I believe what made them cope will surely help me too

Do you write your song yourself or you engage the services of song writers?
I'm still upcoming so you don't expect me to buy songs. I write my songs myself and I don't think I'll ever engage in such act

Who are the Naija artist that inspires you?
2baba particularly, he's a legend and the greatest icon in the industry. Everybody wants to be like him. Wizkid is also an unfussy gem in the industry and he inspires me whenever I listen to his songs. Davido and OritseFemi also inspire me.

So which of them would you love to work with?
Wizkid

How do you get sponsor, or do you have a manager?
My brother is my manager, no sponsor for now and I'm not under any brand at the moment

How would you access Naija music indusry?
The industry is an entire world on its own, and I really have to commend our artistes for the hard work they’re putting in. The industry wasn't like this before but after people like 2baba came into limelight, everything changed.

So what should we expect from you in years to come?
Well,   I just finished working on my third production CD, "Gimmedat". I have some shows coming up and all that, so I'll say the industry should watch out for an act called “Zizu”. I'm looking forward to the street response on my new JAM which is set to be unleashed next week. I'm already known in some areas so I'm not new to the street, when I dropped my last single titled “Emergency” I got some nice turn up and it made waves around the country. So I got a lot of fans out there who are really looking forward to another nice JAM from me and it is imperative I don't disappoint them

Comedy+ ... another name for entertainment
Info: 08027354505, 09092401632
Mail: comedyplusmag@yahoo.com
BBM: 2BA4031D
BBM Channel: C0048B037
Twit: @comedyplusmag

No comments:

Post a Comment